Have you previously had a C-Section and are now pregnant again and hoping to have a Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)?Have you got a deep down wish for your up coming birth to be different?Do you want to head into your next birth knowing you have all the knowledge and techniques to help you achieve the right birth on the day.To discover how you can prepare not only yourself but also your birth partner for the birth you desire read on below.Vaginal birth after a cesarean is a safe and viable option to many women who have had a prior cesarean, or even two.The Wise Hippo VBAC course is one of the only VBAC courses specifically written to prepare you as you navigate and negotiate your way to your VBAC.The course is delivered over 4 classes in the comfort of your own home. Each class lasts on average 2.5 hours with us spending a total of 10 hours together.During our time together we will cover.
Class 1: Confident
You and your Birth Partner will lay a great foundation upon which to grow in confidence.
- Bust any negative beliefs you may have about birth.
- Get comfortable with what we mean by hypnosis. There are no swinging watches and getting you to cluck like a chicken we promise.
- Familiarise yourself with the physiology of birth so you can let go of worrying about how all of that stuff works. We bet you will be fascinated.
- Understand how the mind interprets PAIN… so that you can learn how to manage and control it.
- Take charge of your thoughts so that you can enjoy your pregnancy and look forward to your birth, rather than feeling anxious and worried when it is a time for joy and happiness.
Class 2: Calm
Learn how to become an expert in relaxation so that you can feel calm, relaxed and in control in the lead up to and during your baby’s birth.
- Discover how to use your breath during labour to enable the birth cocktail of hormones to flow in just the right way.
- Learn how to distract your mind away from your body so that you can distance yourself from any pain.
- Set up useful anchors to relaxation that you can use any time you want any extra boost of those feel good hormones
- Feel confident in the fact that your partner is learning how to use all of these tools and techniques with you, so that they can help you use them on the day.
Class 3: Consider
It’s your birth so take the time to consider what is important to you.
- Where do you want to birth?
- What do you want your birthing environment to be like?
- Who do you want to be with you?
- How do you want to get labour started?
- These are the kinds of questions you will be exploring, so that you can plan for the birth you want.
- Learn how to negotiate your way towards your VBAC
- Use your B.R.A.I.N.S. to make sure that you have a structure way to ask questions if required.
- Experience a powerful FEAR RELEASE session so that you can look forward to your baby’s birth.
Class 4: Celebrate
Bringing it all together so that you feel ready for birth
- The focus is on your Birth Partner so that they fully understand how you want them to support you on the day.
- Enjoy Soothing Strokes an incredibly simple form of light massage to stimulate your body’s natural pain relief.
- Explore the best Birthing Positions to support an easier more comfortable birth.
- Learn birth humming to help avoid unnecessary forced pushing for birth.
- Walk through your labour and birth from it getting started to holding your baby in your arms and how what you have been learning fits in with that.